Monday, July 16, 2018

Anything Goes at Aurora Wings


WooHoo!  A new challenge starts today at Aurora Wings with everyone's favorite theme,

I've created an easel card using Steampunk Angel available HERE on AuroraWing.com and a new die from Crafter's Companion.  My photo box is still packed away in the attic since our July 4th party so I photographed my project in front of a clock my Daddy made that sits on the desk in that guest room.  The wooden casing he made is not evident in the pic and the glass door is ajar to eliminate some of the glare but it's still one of my most treasured possessions from him.  He was an engineer, artist and meticulous craftsman and this was one of the last things he was able to create before Alzheimer's took it's tole.



Here's a closeup of Steampunk Angel.  She's colored with Copics and metallic gold and silver gel pens and also available as a 2-pack with Steampunk Owl HERE on Etsy.  My original plan was to use them both, but the size required to fit them both in was beyond my eyesight capability to color them decently. Oh yeah, I also gave her some fishnet stockings with my fine point pen. Hee, hee! You can also see here the intricacy of the die overlay, which was not the easiest to cut, and the metal gears and clock hands I've added from Tim Holtz.



The sentiment was computer generated and cut and matted using a Spellbinders Labels Four.  All were inked with Distress and popped with foam.  The metal wings and all metal gears are also Tim Holtz.

Please check out the fabulous creations by my Aurora Teammates and come play along.  Up to THREE creations if ALL are Aurora Wings but only ONE if not.


Here's how to keep up with all that's happening at Aurora Wings.

Aurora Wings Challenge Blog (current challenge runs through August 18th)




10 comments:

  1. Loved reading about the clock that your father made, Donna. Thank you so much for sharing the story with us. The clock is a fabulous backdrop for your beautiful easel card. I LOVE the use of light blue and white to lighten up the steampunk palette (usually in the browns and golds). She looks like a breath of fresh air. And I do love the fishnet detail!! You always amaze me with your creativity and skills. Thank you so much for this breathtaking inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creation is AM-AZE-ING & Gorgeous.
    How wonderful to be able to have a treasure from your Dad you must take after him in your talent.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna, a stunning creation, Steampunk Angel looks fabulous with the amazing die cut and using the clock your Dad made makes the perfect backdrop to show off this artwork wonderfully. The blue and shades of cream pop wonderfully against your distressed and die background :) :) :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, What a stunning card. I love it. I also love the steampunk theme. I bet that clock is a gorgeous piece. I would just love to see it. You should take pics of it and put it out on your blog. I can see why this is a dear possession and am sure it brings back great memories. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love Your steampunk style.
    Thank You for joining us at Creative Fingers challange! DT Ella

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is amazing! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Birthday’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    Beautifull thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs Terry xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous easel design. I love the clockwork background and thebeautifully colored "Steampunk Angel". Your dad sounds a lot like my dad a creative fun guy. That clock is a beuatiful memory. My dad also made a clock that runs on cogs and wheels. He also paints and drws and is quite a character with long white hair. Thankyou for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday July Linky Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty creation!! thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT{Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!