Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Handmade Flowers


Well today I'll be re-entering the land of the living and getting some much needed work done on me at the hair salon.  It can only make me feel better, right?  I did manage a card for a couple of Outlawz Challenges that involved embossing,dies and a punch that I think turned out pretty neat, though.

You can enter up to 2 times for Twisted Thursday and the twist is "handmade flowers" which I mentioned before is a rarity for me. This time I pulled out my several year old (but never used) Sue Wilson 2 part flower die.  I rarely work with vellum either, but I was really impressed by designer Andrea Norris's heat embossed (yeah, I WISH I could do that) vellum flowers that I cut the bottom of the petals from vellum and layered over with blue card stock.  The flower centers are prills and I've added leaves cut from a Sizzix Dogwood die set also from vellum.  I layered them over a Butterfly Frame from Die-namites and added a Martha Stewart punched butterfly and tiny pearls.  The mat was embossed with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and I added a bow of crinkle ribbon from DL.Art.  I backed the aperture cut with a Spellbinders Oval with vellum and added a silver sticker sentiment.

This also works for the Outlawz Tuesday Color challenge Tic Tac Toe board as I used the middle row across of Emboss, Add Lace or Ribbon and Use Punch or Die Cut.  My row doesn't have a color but I picked blue from the board.  It would have worked for the left row down, as well, but I wanted to keep the card monochromatic so I cut the leaves in vellum instead of green.



I'm also entering this in the 613 Avenue Create April Challenge using the optional twist, vellum (woohoo!), the DL.Art April Linky Challenge, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #80 AG, Dies R Us #65 Springtime, Scrapy Land Challenge #88 AG w/dies Scrapy land sells and Simon Says Wednesday AG.




13 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Donna! Love the soft blue tones! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Springtime’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Donna! Love the blue colors! And your flowers are lovely!!! Could you let me know what the name of the fancy blue oval is around the aperture? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, it's the Butterfly Frame from Die-namites.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card Donna, I love the soft blue you've used. Your homemade flowers might be a rarity but they are stunning! Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Colour Challenge.
    Hope you're feeling much better, especially after your trip to the hair salon!'
    Jacqui
    Outlawz DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO pretty Donna, a gorgeous shade of blue and beautifully made flowers, good to hear you are on the road to recovery.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Donna, this is so pretty. Simply striking with so many details, that are eye catching. Thanks for joining us at scrapyland-blog.com.
    Hugs
    Berni DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card! The soft colors and details are spot on, gorgeous! Thanks so much for lining up to the DRU "Springtime" challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the soft blues! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The white and blue is a stunning combination for this card. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I love your shades of blue. Thanks for joining us this week at Scrapy Land!

    Hugs! Jess
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Donna! It's so elegant and I love the pretty colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!