Tuesday, July 12, 2016

New "American Shorthair" from The East Wind


You know I love me some kitties so I was thrilled when Unky came up with this new digi for The East Wind.  Meet "American Shorthair". The DP on my square card is all about cats, something I've had in my stash and was waiting for just the right moment to use.  I just got a huge order of yummy hand dyed ribbon from DL.Art and couldn't wait to use it.  The fab "leaf green" from the Fall Bundle made marvelous grass and I've used "Turning Leaf" (from the same bundle) on the tag sentiment, cut from an old Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folder.  I added flowers, to join in the SUYP (cat's only challenge) which asks for them this month, also from my stash with glitter and gem centers from JoLees.



Here's a close up of "American Shorthair".  He's colored with Copics in colors my Goliath found appropriate (because they resembled HIM).  I've also added some fur detail with my Prismacolor Pencils.  When Goliath left the room, however, I accidentally colored his eyes yellow, which caused quite the ruckus because Goliath's are green.  OOOps!  No worries.  This guy was so fun to work with, I'm sure I'll be coloring him again and again.  You'd be amazed at how different he can look in different colors so check out the FB Group and see what my teamies came up with.


Here are of all the important links you need.

13 comments:

  1. I love the image! Your coloring is exceptional! Great choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it is so cute.. Very nice cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cats and this is just tooooooo cute love how you colored this little guy !
    and I spy with my little eye pink crinkle ribbon
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JULY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Turning Leaf and Leaf Green from your Fall Bundle, Diana.

      Delete
  4. AWESOME !!! What a gorgeous image and your perfect colouring Donna !!! I bet Goliath was very impressed with this ? :-D
    LUV this card soooo much :-)
    Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sehr schön gemacht. Danke für die Teilnahme bei Creative Corner.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card with a fabulous image. I just adore cats. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at LOC...Good Luck..Genny DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww! I love your cat!!! You coloured it great!!! And your card is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
    Hugs.
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator Corrosive Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like to join our DT? I love your way of colouring! Mail me here: corrosivechallenge@gmail.com
      Thanks so much.

      Delete
  8. This is such a darling card, love the cat, you've colored him so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card love the colouring, thank you for sharing with us at Crafting with an Attitude - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute image and great coloring! I never would have thought of using ribbon for the grass, very inventive. Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card <3
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges.
    Hugs from Therese, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!