Thursday, May 5, 2016

Doin' the "Happy Dance"!


Remind me next time I do a card specifically with a number of challenges in mind how long it takes.  I'm a slow crafter anyway, and fitting in two themes AND a sketch about did me in.  But YEA me!  I (HOPE!) I managed to sneak this in the Outlawz Festive Fridays for International Dance Day using the sketch from the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch challenge and used a KITTY with a friend (oh, crap, he's not furry, he's feathery, but it's Ike's Birthday so I'm sure she'll let it slide.) for the SUYP (cat's only) May Furry Friends Challenge.  Phew!



Here's the sketch.  Normally I get all caught up with following it EXACTLY which is why I usually avoid them.  Actually, I almost gave up on it because the circle was pretty darn big, but I summoned up the cajones to turn the whole thing counter clockwise a notch, so there ya go.



The Kitty is a new image from BlooFOU which is the even quirkier (is that even possible?..YUP!) new range by BloobelStamps.  Right now he's in a 3 stamp group called Cat Pack 1 on Etsy.  He's colored with Copics and Prismacolor pencils.

His birdie friend is actually a rubber stamp (don't faint, I actually used one of my rubber stamps instead of just sniffing it) by Bloobel sold exclusively through Joggles.  These are equally hilarious and I was thrilled I managed to stamp it (with Memento Ink) cleanly on the very first try.  WooHoo!  He's also colored with Copics with a bit of shading from pencils, as well.



So here's the card in action.  Too bad I can't figure out how to upload a video with my camera, and no, I still don't have a "smart phone" so this is the best I could do.  The critters are mounted on an Action Wobble so they really do the "Happy Dance".  Now I'm doin' the "Happy Dance" 'cause I'm finally done and it's Wine o'clock.  Ta!

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art May Linky Challenge, Inspiration Destination ATG, AI Creative Critters and the Aud Sentiments Animals + a Sentiment.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card fun image .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little critters are so much fun and on a wobble even more fun. I have some but have not used them yet and need to do that. Your picture shows how the wobblier work really well. I'm not a fast crafter and do not like it when I have too much going on. You did a super job. Love the way you colored both of them, great paper for your background and nice sentiment. Thanks for stopping by...
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these crazy critters...fun card and great layout. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and wonderful card Donna thank you for joining us over on
    Inspiration Destination
    Dianne xx
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness Donna - that is AWESOME !!!! What fabulous images and the structure of your card soooo rocks !!!
    Of course I will be kind as I am still buzzing from my Birthday bashes :-D LoL

    Thank you for coming to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!