Saturday, November 28, 2015

November Inspiration for Gecko Galz


It's my turn to bring you some inspiration from the fabulous November products from Gecko Galz.   Normally I'd save my fave for last, but I adore this sweet little gnome with birdies from the Christmas Magic collage set.  I sized the image to fit within the frame of Wen's Window Cuttlebug folder.  I used kraft core card stock, embossed the frame and sanded it for a rustic feel.  The edges are distressed with scissors and I used Frantage for a snowy feel.  It's finished off with branches from a Martha Stewart punch, inked with Frayed Burlap Distress and a bit of twine.  All mounted on an A2 card base.

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday ATG Challenge and the Outlawz Twisted Thursday ATG.



Next is a card using digital paper, icon and stamp from the Blue Christmas digital Craft Kit.  I changed the color of the stamp in my printing program and layered it over the bow icon which I printed twice and fussy cut the bow to pop for dimension.



Finally, a card using an image like the ones I received as a child from the Little Christmas Ladies holiday collage set. (Yes, I am that old.  LOL) I've layered it on a gold doily from my stash with a gingham bow and sticker sentiment.  Both lovely Dp's are from the Merry and Bright Digital Paper Pack and each layer was matted with additional card stock.

I'm entering this in the Cards in Envy Put Some Extra Layers On challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by on this busy holiday weekend.  Here's a little gift from me to you, courtesy of Gecko Galz.
Merry Christmas to Ewe!

Don't forget! You still have one more day to enter The Gecko Galz November Customer Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous samples Donna. Love the effect of the frontage and that bow looks awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many wonderful little details on your projects, Donna! Awesome! And thanks for the sweet digi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all lovely nostalgic pieces! and I love the freebie, thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your vintage and traditional style cards, super !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love the one you linked to our layers challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little vintage image! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!