Wednesday, March 11, 2015

CAS + Texture


Sorry I've been a bit remiss in posting.  First I had to take some time to shovel off my tables as the available space had gotten so tiny there was no place to actually color or assemble anything any more.  And after that was at least manageable I decided to try and work ahead a bit on my DT projects, instead of waiting 'til the last minute, but that meant I had nothing to post until the appropriate date.  However, I did check out the Outlawz Sunday CAS challenge which is Add Some Texture and one of the Gecko Galz March FB Challenges which is the Birds and Bees and came up with this.  "Unique" is cropped from the Gecko Galz Just Words Stamp set, the hive from the In My Garden Stamp set, and the bee cropped from the Nature's Bliss collage sheet.  I changed the color of the stamps to gold and brown and all images were assembled and printed with my Printmaster Platinum program.  I embossed a paper strip with the Honeycomb Cuttlebug folder, tore off the corners and inked it with Distress and added yellow Liquid Pearls for even more texture.  Finished it off with some adhesive pearls and called it done.  Yea, for CAS or you'd have to be waiting until Friday. 

I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Monday "B" is for (Bee) challenge, the Digitally Sweet Font Talk Challenge and Simon Says Wednesday Things That Fly

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS - this is fabulous Donna and I especially like the corners and dripping 'honey' :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is certainly very unique and lovely, Donna! I love the torn details and textures! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Things That Fly” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is certainly "unique! I love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, those liquid pearls are so fun and add that honey sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!