Monday, January 19, 2015

Aurora Wings Valentine's Challenge


Our new monthly challenge starts at Aurora Wings today and the theme is Valentines.



We know this day inspires lots of emotions, both positive and negative, so frilly and frothy or dark and sinister, we wanna see 'em, whatever they are.  Now, at first glance, you may think this is an anti-Valentine, but I beg to differ.  It speaks to the lovely thought that there's someone for everyone (and it's sort of an inside joke between me and my man.  LOL)  Gotta say, love is a bit sweeter when there's a little humor involved, eh?  The base is Spellbinders Grand Labels One and the fancy version too.  The heart doily behind is just that, a doily, colored black with a Sharpie because I didn't have a heart die large enough and the fabulous Drippy Butterfly is from Cheery Lynn.  (Clearly I need more Cheery Lynn dies)



So here's Corpse Flower Sprite.  Ummm...well, what can I say.  Besides his rather provocative shape and unusually large size, is odiferous scent is more than a bit...shall we say, piquant?  Oh, I might as well tell it like it is, basically, he stinks!  (But he's pretty damn cute in a well, I don't know exactly what way, but I think he is.)



And the object of his desire?  A corpse, of course, or at least what's left of one. This gorgeous stamp is called Memento Mori, meaning remember your own mortality.  The attraction is obvious, don'tcha think?  So I've horrified the majority of the Aurora Wings fans but still think there's a fun loving dark side among them...somewhere...  LOL  My DT sister's projects run the gamut of Mitzi's fabulous designs, so be sure to stop by the Challenge Blog  for fabulous inspiration and please, come play along.  And if Valentines don't float your boat, come join our Gemstones Contest on our FB fan page which runs through January 31st. See ya there.

I'm sharing this with Left of Center using the LOC theme, the Cheery Lynn Sweethearts (Add a Heart) Challenge, 613 Avenue Create ATGTTRCD ATG Jan 13th -19th, That Craft Place Love/Valentine, Crafty Hazelnut's January Patterned Paper Challenge and A Step in the Dark ATG.

22 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this Donna. Great colouring xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Il love the tiny white edges around the images. Your description is do funny. I love reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card Donna! Love the corpse flower sprite. He's so unusual. Thanks for sharing with us at LOC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Donna!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation as always Donna, I love your choice of colours and the designs awesome too hun.
    Huge Hugz, Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, great images, Donna, made me chuckle. Great coloring and a wonderful choice of colors. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, the wit you bring to your creation is as much a stamp of your skill and style, Donna. Once again, so clever with the sentiment. Always more than first meets the eye. ;) The coloring is gorgous and I love the red, green, and black together. Thank you so much for another stunning piece of inspiration!!

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha- this made me giggle. A decidedly morbid and hilarious creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is awesome Donna!! I have to add that corpse sprite to my wishlist!! Amazing card, love the sentiment! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna! I love both of your cards! Very unique and creative!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, love the colours, layout, colouring, sentiment, dies, two images ... well, everything, :D. Thank you for joining LOC, hope to see you next week also, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your darkly romantic valentine, Donna! Really? Just colored a doily with a Sharpie? Yay I think I can do that!
    Love both images, just really glad there is no scent :)
    Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some bloggy love!
    I adore all your art even this "stinky" one >.<
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW love it xx Awesome work xx Good luck and thank you for joining us at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring is amazing!!!!!! What a cute card while I'm sitting here giggling. . . .
    Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne, aka Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donna, what a great take on Valentine's Day, super card with fantastic colouring. thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and Good Luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaa, love this stinky sentiment. Beautifully colored and such a great job on all that shading. Awesome layers and so wonderfully tackless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous and unique card Donna! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week. I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my Make Time To Craft Blog and became a follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful and striking. The dripping butterfly looks great in the red to match the flowers. The black and red really is striking. Thanks for joining our Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for another lovely entry for my Patterned Paper January challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna this is GREAT! That corpse flower is awesome! Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such unusual images, its fab, thanks for sharing at LOC. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this Donna! Fabulous images and coloring and it is just wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing with us at LOC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!