Monday, July 21, 2014

Challenge #5 at Aurora Wings


So excited about the new challenge at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog!  
Can you guess what it is?


Yes!  It's Sprite Delight, those adorable little creatures that have won the hearts of all Aurora Wings fans, and this month we want to see them on your project.


I've made an oh oh... I've forgotten what this card fold is called, and, for that matter, where I found the instructions (if someone could help me out on this, I'd appreciate it).  To be honest, I made the base well over a year ago and it's been rattling around my craft room, waiting for the right project, since then. This was IT! I do know that I decided to try jazzing up the top by punching with a large MS flower punch before assembly and it worked pretty well.  The filligree half round behind is a die from Heartfelt Creations.

 
 So enough of that, let's get to the Sprites! Here we have (from the top down)Kawaii Fairy, Wisteria Sprite, Hydrangea Sprite, and Dahlia Sprite.  I've kept the base all white so as not to detract from the adorable Sprites, but added various punched and dies for added texture among the folds.


And on this side, Morning Glory Sprite, and Calla Lily Sprite.  I've chosen all of these flowers because they grow in my garden and I've colored them with Copics in the same hues I see in my backyard.  Then each was fussy cut and popped on the card.

 
 In the center I have Tiger Lily Sprite, colored as a Stargazer, another Kawaii Fairy (with Stickled wings) and finally Petunia Sprite.  I wish I'd had more room because there are many more Sprites that grow in my garden and you can see them all HERE in the Etsy Shop or HERE in the Aurora Wings Digi Shop.  I remembered the little poem I've seen flitting around on fairy projects on the net and thought it would be perfect for this project.  The die is a Spellbinders Floral Oval. 

I really had fun with this Challenge and my DT sisters obviously did too.  Please visit the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog to see the gorgeous inspiration there.  And there might just be a little surprise for YOU from our dear and generous Mitzi, so don't miss out!

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Monday Mid-Summer's Challenge (inspiration, my garden in bloom), Digi Makeover Use Punches and Dies, the Outlawz Friday Coloring challenge, the Use Your Stuff Layers challenge, Bearly Mine Let's Go Digital and Scrappers Delights ATG w/Cute & Girly.

  
 

17 comments:

  1. Wow this is just so beautiful Donna...love all those cute sprites and the lacy diecuts.
    Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike, huh? Either that or we're just a couple of show offs! GORGEOUS card! Love that fold, and all of the die cutting, too! But the real show stoppers are those Sprites! Beautifully colored and layered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Donna this is wonderful! If I were given something like this it would be kept out on display permanently! Such a wonderful collection of little folk. Such pretty colours and lovely lacy embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is positively stunning! What a work of art. YOur sprites are gorgeous and the dies you used to create this folded card are so perfect. Don't you love when something you made and discarded calls to be used?!? Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeously pretty and feminine card!.....who's the 'over-achiever' now eh? Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an undertaking with all of those sprites....and fabulously folded card! Lot's of eye candy in the details.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Stunning Donna ,love the card fold ,I am not sure of the name but I have never seen one done as beautifully as this one..the colouring wow and dictating etc wow ..good luck in the Scappers Delights challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, you're so creative, Donna! I love your think-outside-the-box approach for each of the AW challenges. This is just breathtaking with the beautiful base, and I love that you colored the sprites to match the flowers in your garden! So delightful!!
    Big hugs,
    Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow sprite delight and they stand out so well against the white. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, this is STUNNING! I love all the sprites and your beautiful coloring. The fancy fold card makes a perfect garden effect for them to hide in. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So very cute! The sweet images look darling in the various colors! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is stunning, I love all the different images its such a great idea! Thanks for joining in with the fun at Scrapper's Delights Challenge.

    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very unique and beautiful card! Great job coloring the images! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous is your creation, I just love the images they are so cute. Thank you for joining us at BMD, good luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, fantastic, gorgeous, beautiful..Thanks so much for joining us over at Bearly Mine Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Bearly Mine Inspiration & Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is super beautiful Donna. Its cascading card and here is a tutorial link : Cascading Card tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!