Friday, September 14, 2012

Dilly Beans Robots with CTMH Artiste

Well our challenge this week at Dilly Beans is Robots, and it seems I just can't get enough.  I had this ancient Scenic Route DP I'd been hoarding and thought it would make an adorable party invitation for a boy.  I used #436 Gear Robot, #435 Sparks Robot, and removed the frame from #437 Bolt Robot Framed so they would all look alike.  They are colored with Copics and the sentiment is computer generated.  The invitation pocket and invitation itself were cut on the Cricut with my CTMH Artiste cartridge.  (Can't seem to get enough of that either.  LOL)
Here's the shaped invitation pulled out of the pocket (also cut with Artiste). That happy guy is #439 Wired Robot Framed.  Doesn't he look excited!  I used DS to fit a gear from Artiste to fit over the mat.  The bolts were punched from a piece of mat metallic card stock that was embossed with one of the Cricut Companion Robotz set.  I stacked the embossed punches with plain ones to give them dimension since I didn't have appropriate brads both here and on the front corners of the mat.  Kinda loved how that turned out and cheap, too.
The back side of the invitation has the room for the pertinent information as well as some cool gears, also cut from Artiste.  Like I've been saying all along, there's something for everyone on this cartridge. (Steampunk, anyone?)  I finished the back side of the pocket envie with the embossed cut out from the Cuttlebug Cogs and Wheels Embossing Plus folder.  Be sure to stop by Dilly Beans Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's fab creations and the Shop to see all of the new Halloween stamps and MORE Robots.  And if I haven't convinced you with my projects, please visit my dear friend and DT sister Susan's Blog to see more great example of the fabulous things you can do with this cart.  View more cool CTMH stuff HERE on her website.

Although this isn't as elaborate as most of my shaped cards, I'm also entering this in Charisma Cardz Shaped Card challenge (and thank them very much for choosing me among the Top 3 last week), Divas by Design for a Child, Celebrate the Occasion Getting in Shape, Use it Tuesday Anything Goes (my beloved Scenic Route DP which I still shudder thinking that I actually CUT into it!), and Hooked on Crafts Cards for Men (I'm assuming boys are ok since the DT had boy cards, too).

14 comments:

  1. woozers kiddo, great job, love those robots and those gears are cool, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what...out of the thousands of kid's invitations that I have made over the years, I have never thought about robots! I'm off to find some robots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Childish style as I like ! Fabulous papers and robots. The inside is also beautiful as the outside. Bravo ! Everything is perfect !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cadz this week and good luck !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute invite! Thanks for playing along with UIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool invites, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are adoreable. Would you be interested in making cards for the Toronto Hospital for Sick Kids? Please check out the site and join us on putting smiles on the kids faces this holiday season. Your cards are wonderful. Bela

    ReplyDelete
  7. oHHH ITS A GREAT CARD!!! love itttttt, love colorsss, love all:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet. Love the robots and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow- this is really cute! TFS with us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Donna the images are great.
    This comment is for the one above as I cannot see the comment bit.

    This is stunning, fabulous colours and details!
    perfectly gorgeous and the papers are beautiful!

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun invitation!
    Love the giant gear :0)
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous invitation. I love the colours, robot and gears. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute invite. thanks so much for playing at cto.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!