Monday, March 26, 2012

BBTB2 Cindy Lou Flourish Challenge



Happy Monday! I think we're finally getting some sunshine today. Hasn't been too great a Spring here in CA, although we need rain badly. This week our sweet and talented DT sister Julie H, from across the pond, has chosen any flourish from Cindy Lou for our BBTB2 Challenge and WOW are there PLENTY! Of course, as always, you may use any flourish from any cartridge to join in, just make sure the chosen cut (flourish) is a Cricut cut. I decided to make another Easter card and chose Fourish 2 on page 30 because it made a great base for the shaped card I had in mind. I welded the shadow of the flourish to an Egg from Easter 2010 and a rounded rectangle from George.




It's a shaped front card and the egg on the front hides a large portion of the back so there's lots of room for a sentiment. The hopping bunny is also from Easter 2010. I cut him in light brown and flocked him, then added a pompom tail, beaded nose and eye and a sweet ribbon around his neck.


Originally, I'd chosen another rabbit (one with a shadow) but the flourish has so much movement, I thought the hopping bunny would be fun, especially after I decided to put him on on an Action Wobble. I ran into a teeny bit of technical difficulty though, because one layer of dimension with the adhesive foam wasn't enough to allow the bunny freedom of movement so I cut portions of the fourish away where the hind foot and tummy got caught and added another full flourish on top.


He's slightly off set from another bunny cut underneath him which shows when he wobbles. I chose the colors from the egg DP and looking at it now, it kind of has a 50's vibe.


So here's the dimension shot. Inside it'll say "Hoppy Easter" but of course I was running too late to have that done for you. LOL A flourish is such a great cut because there's no limit to the type of card you can make as you'll see by the fabulous examples from my BBTB2 teamies HERE. Can't wait to see what you come up with, but please follow the rules and we'd so appreciate it if you'd turn word verification OFF to make it easier for us to comment on your lovely creations.And don't forget you atill have a week to enter or Welcome Challenge and be entered in the drawing to win a class of your choice at My Creative Classroom.


30 comments:

  1. Fabulously adorable!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is simply fantastic! I love your bunny! Your flourish is pretty amazing too! You are a papercrafting rock star!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! I'd have been stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Your bunny looks wonderful being flocked like that!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have followed your blog for a long time now, I don't know if I've ever left you a comment or not but I have loved your cards so much! Especially the layered ones, they are so wonderful, I would love to spend some time in your craft room and learn from you, you are the Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna,Your easter card is BEAUTIFUL!Great layers and colors,have a nice day my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the layers and oh that cotton tail, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! I love the action bunny :D. I always forget about flocking, and it's such a perfect touch to the card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, always, always, your card just rocks with delight. You always make me smile with your talent with paper and designs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is adorable. I just love all the dimension. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun fun card.. i love the wobbles.. and that flourish is beautiful.. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card!! I love the little cotton tail and the flowers!! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge!!
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr, DTM

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card! I love his fluffy little tail!!! Great job! Ty for sharing with us @ Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - how fabulous is this ?!!!! Awesome colours and lovely how the bunny moves :-D How do you do 'flocking' ??????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome Love the way you have layered and made your Bunny pop. love the Swirls. thanks for sharing.
    Anita Getting Cricky Jr.Dt Member
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning creation, just love the bunny & his flock & fluffy tail. Those flourishes are stunning & as you say give the card some movement!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Donna your card is so fabulous! Your wobbling flocked bunny with his little pom pom tail is precious and look at all your fabulous layers! Love it!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card, love your flocked bunny it looks so real like. The shape and style with the flourish is amazing. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. He he he, that bunny tail is just the perfect embellishment. I love that you used the hopping bunny then put it on a wobbler. You know, I just bought some of those wobblers on my big scrapbook store bus tour. I have no idea where I put them when I came home. That is really pitiful when you think about how little storage space I have in this camper. I should be ashamed of myself to even confess that. LOL Well done, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey lady! So I got my haul post up from our shopping day together! =)
    And next week I am going to Hobby Lobby! Eeek!

    So wow, this is terrific! I adore the fact that he's a mover, LOL! That really does add to it and I don't know what on earth flock you used but he looks good enough to cuddle! I also bought that cart just because those darn flourishes...great idea!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous! Love the bunny and the colors are so refreshing! Thanks for playing with us this week at Moving Along With The Times :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - your bunny card is astonishing ! It never ceases to amaze me at all the detail and dimension you can get into your projects. Your bunny looks like it is cut from velvet !!! Beautiful !!! Hugs - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely swirly wobbliness! What an awesome Easter card, and how ding dang darling is that bunny shape. You continually outdo yourself! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so adorable!! I love that it wobbles and the flocking is genius! Such a wonderful card. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecuttterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card!! Very creative!! Thanks for playing along with us.

    Ildi Getting Cricky Sr. DTM

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous card. I just love the way you used the different shapes and welded them together. This is so cute and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely card. I love the colors you used. They work so beautifully together. Thank you for playing along with us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Heather
    Getting Cricky Jr Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card is absolutely FABULOUS! The bunny is the cutest. Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky with K. Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you real soon.

    Christel
    GCDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a beautiful card. I love the flourishes.

    Thanks for joining us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.
    Jessie
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!