Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Flourishes/Swirls Challenge



This week the Bah! Humbug! challenge is Flourishes and Swirls and because I skipped out on BBTB2 this week, I thought I'd better do a Cricut card. Happier now? My very first thought was the Trim a Tree cartridge with the intricate swirling images. I chose the ice skate this time because I was a figure skater as a kid and also because it was a natural to add a flourish to. Ever go to MyCutSearch.com and type in flourish? HA! There are so many carts with flourishes these days that I got an error message. Left to my own devices I decided to use another of those carts I just "had to have" and have hardly used, Picturesque. (Phonetic spelling pik-che-'resk, according to Merriam-Webster, except the "e" in che is upside down in their phonetic spelling and I can't figure out how to do that. LOL But honestly, I've heard this cart called some very hilarious things, even in a VIDEO!)



Fortunately, I didn't have to look very far to find a suitable flourish, so I welded the skate and shadow of the flourish to a rounded rectangle from George to make a shaped front card. I'm hoping this counts as a shaped card for the ABC Christmas Challenge this week which also requires Swirls, Spots or Stripes. I chose the gray glitter DP from M&MBI to join in on the CHNC Glitter Challenge and added glitter snowflakes from JoLee's as well.


The swirly top skate is done in matte metallic with the regular flourish in mirri which is why the pix are so bad, sorry. It really is prettier IRL. There's a bit of dimension and a few silver adhesive beads and a peelie sentiment and there ya go. The Shopping Our Stash challenge this week is No Coloring Allowed so I'm popping it in there as well. For once I'm a bit ahead for all of these challenges so go have a look. There's still time to play long and the DT examples are lovely.

16 comments:

  1. Looks like I get to be the first... that doesn't happen very often. lol... If this isn't the most GORGEOUS skate I have ever seen.. and YES it makes me happy that you did a criuct card... lol.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and so beautifully crafted - thanks for joining in my CHNC challnge 38 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Donna, how do you come up with these gorgeous creations? I'm really getting hooked on swirls and I love these define the skate without hiding what it is. Thanks for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! this week. I am having such a good time here! Did you see the promotion Max gave me last week? They are so much fun over there. I have my card ready for Friday, but you will just have to wait to see! Sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh Donna its lovely I love this cart.....havnt had my cricut out for a bit but you are inspiring me again!!!! we just have the new embossing folders and stamp blanks here so I feel a bit of a spend coming on take care Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Donna !! and so original !! love this !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy shit - that card is freaking amazing!!! I used to skate as a kid, too...this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, this is GORGEOUS! I love the popped-up layers…wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning stunning stunning!!! What a fabulous adelegant card Donna Love this! Now having had Trim the tree since last year I really need to get it out and use it!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty!! Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna,GORGEOUS job with this BEAUTIFUL card!I just LOVE everything about it,the cut,colors and details"AMAZING"!FANTASTIC job as always my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my gosh Donna - this is super fabulous!!! How gorgeous! I want this card!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and elegant silver card. Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Christmas challenge this time. Hope to see you for the T challenge.
    Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very cool. Love all the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool!!! that's a great card! Thanks 4 coming to play with us this week for our S is 4 Shaped card & include Swirls, Spots or Stripes Challenge @ ABC Christmas Challenge, hope you can come and play again soon we have no limit on entries
    Hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - fabulous card Donna - love the shape!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! and such a fantastic shape and colour too!

    Thanks for joining us this week over at ABC Christmas Challenge for our 'Shaped Card with Spots, Stripes or Swirls' Challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!