Thursday, June 2, 2011

Winter Wonderland Blue and White Challenge



Here I am scrambling again. Maybe an hour left in The Winter Wonderland Blue and White Challenge. I'll admit to being quite the procrastinator, but that was not supposed to be the case this time. I'd designed a semi elaborate shaped card that had bells for Bah!Humbug! that I was planning on doing in blue and white to do double duty but I got sick Tues night and all day yesterday so that idea flew out the window. When I got up this morning I noticed a still had a little time left for Winter Wonderland, and I'd done their fabulous birthday blog hop and followed all the rules (except making the card) so I pulled out my trusty Cuttlebug and went to work. Had a bit of a time photographing it. The stickles on the Snowy Village embossing aren't dry and the silver mirror card stock is always a PITA but I hope you get the idea. The framed mats are done with my Labels Four Grand Nestabilities on my Grand Caliber.

Here's a better close up of the embossing. I just love this folder!




The bottom snowflakes are done with my Tim Holtz Alerations snowflake border cut once in silver, and once in white. The frame is popped as is the border for dimension. The sentiment is a peelie by Stampendous. The top right snowflake is a MS punch (again punched twice) and popped and the remainder of the snowflakes are Jolee Stickers. Okay, better get this linked up. I'm also adding it to the Christmas Cards Challenge which is snowflakes this week and the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round challenge which is Anything Goes. I do have to say I feel just terrible missing my Bah!Humbug! Challenge for the first time this year. I'll probably do the challenge anyway because I like the design I did and perhaps it would look better in different colors anyway.

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Darling!!!
    Wow, what a wet couple days...remind me where we live again? Geez!
    What a stunning project this is! The color scheme makes it so elegant and the details and shimmer are lovely!
    Hope you have a good rest of your week. I have Scotti home sick today with a nasty cough. Hope you feel better soon and it wasn't anything that will linger too long. We're off to Yosemite in a week!

    Hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Hope you are fully recouperated :D. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!!! So beautiful! I've always liked the blue, white and silver for Christmas -- yes, even over the red and green!!!

    Miss ya, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Donna this is just beautiful - so sorry you have been poorly sick. Don't feel bad - think this card still counts cause if you put your ear to the computer screen close to the church on your card you can hear the church bells ringing! Honest!
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YeeHaw...I can post again!!!!

    Love this card...everything about it! Even while being sick you can still come up with the bestest!

    Hope your feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I am SO bookmarking this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna this is breath taking... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna! Such a gorgeous card. You really rock the Nestabilties. Love the silver frame. I love it when you create that white embossed look. It reminds me of exquisite Faberge eggs. At least I have something to make you feel a little better... you won the cheap chirp this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING!!!! My Creative Diva!!!!
    I love that embossing folder and what a great way to design with it. This will forsure be on my to Scrap0Lift list LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is beautiful, Donna! I love how you framed the embossed image. I never know what to do with that folder but lots of inspiration here. Dig that TH snowflake border too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brrrr. Super chilly and super beautiful. Love the embossing - you do such great work with that folder. Love the silver layer too.

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. almost makes me miss the winter months...but i'll enjoy the summer first. lol. beautiful card. love the silver frame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous. I had to reread it several times because I thought it was an actual picture frame that you had altered. I love the colors and the embossed village.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. I love that folder too! I'm sorry that I didn't get it when I had the chance, now it can't be found. I guess I'll have to pay a premium on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! Thanks for participating in the challenges!!

    -Kat, CCAYR Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!