Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Showtime at The Cuttlebug Spot and at Simon Says Stamp Challenge


This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we're celebrating our favorite movie or TV show. You KNEW what was coming here, didn't you? LOL Well BESIDES the fact that I just LOVED "Alice in Wonderland", it finally gave me the opportunity to use my Queen of Hearts Cuttlebug folder. WooHoo! I just substituted the head from my Sassy Studio Designs Queen of Hearts Card, colored her with Copics, cut her out and popped her on. The extra gold crown is a brad. I embossed just the hearts from the folder in red and cut them out to add to the card. The shadow behind her head is a Spellbinders Heart die and the sentiments are also from Sassy Studio. The larger sentiment was cut and layered using Spellbinders Labels Nine. The red mat is embossed with the Cuttlebug Heart Blocks folder and the border punch and photo corners are EK Success.
Tell me she's not hilarious! Looks just like Helena Bonham Carter in the movie! I really enjoyed this challenge and looking at all of the fabulously creative projects from my DT sisters, it's obvious they did too. Be sure to pop by The Cuttlebug Spot and see, and we encourage you to play along. It certainly is a fun one! P.S. don't forget to use some kind of embossing on your project. It is, after all, a CUTTLEBUG challenge. Had to sneak that in there, Leah, you'll NEVER live that one down. LOL I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge which also has a movie and dry embossing theme this week. WooHoo! Obviously great minds think alike!

24 comments:

  1. OMG! I can't believe I'm first! LOL! Girlfriend, this is flippin' FABULOUS!!!! I love the stamped head you used and you colored her beautifully! Fantastic detailing as always! I love it!!!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, this is fabulous, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity. Hope you are well.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing ... every little detail is perfect! Having her pop off the card like that is just brilliant. Boy, I'd hate to be on her bad side!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to Kool, LOVE It!! Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is FABULOUS!!!! I love the stamped head you used and you colored her beautifully! Fantastic detailing as always! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hysterical!!! Soooo funny!!! I love it!!! I can't believe that's a stamped image you colorered in -- what a fabulous job you did!!! Again, you just never cease to amaze!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, who is the Leah that your referring to?
    Just checking...
    and I'd pop this into the Simon Says Stamp challenge too but...I think I am missing something....

    LOL!

    Brillant card Donna, I mean I think this is the most unique and creative thing yet!

    That brain of yours is a creatively creepy place! LOL! j/k (kinda)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap Donna! You've outdone yourself AGAIN! Love all the little details and creative way you used the different die and embossing. The details are amazing! I think Leah is going to need therapy by the time we're through with her! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fabulous is she!! Love her eyeshadow!!!! and that embossing folder is just perfect for this card! Love it!
    Hugs
    juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my word Donna, I LOVE this!! To fun, too clever, too good!! L♥VE it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Donna...This card is so awesome! Love how you popped the head...You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute...love the queen. everything matches, wow. coloring is superb.
    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just absolutely the CA-utest thing evahhhh.
    Hugs
    carole

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, that DOES look like Helena Bonham Carter! Wasn't that an awesome movie?? Great job on the card - it looks fABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is fantastic donna.....wow fabulous....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome take on the challenge girlfriend. I love the way you use the Queen embossing folder. Now if I can only find where I put mine. I need it for Mother's Day. Fantastic coloring and love all the added details.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! Gorgeous!! Love the folder, the layers, the beautiful crown and the fab coloring!! Fantastic card!

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donna, this is amazing!!!! I love Alice in Wonderland, too, and this is THE most fabulous Queen of Hearts! You never cease to amaze me!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your sense of humor with this card! She is absolutely fantastic!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol...this brought a great BIG HUGE SMILE on my face...I LOVE IT!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!! Your details are simply just perfection...you go girlie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cool, Donna! I didn't even know there was such an embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOWZA!! THIS IS AN AWESOME!!KICK BUTT CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! What a crazy-AMAZING card!!
    Nice work!
    :) Mags
    magsgraphics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!