Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Too HOT at The Cuttlebug Spot and The Cutting Cafe


When Nilda asked us to use the word HOT this week for our Cuttlebug Spot Challenge I immediately thought of this downloadable stamp from the Summer Word Circles set from The Cutting Cafe. Around here August and September can be the hottest months of the year so there's still plenty of summer left. I also was able to use flip flop photo frame from the Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge This is ANOTHER cart I HAD to have immediately when it came out and this is the first cut I've done on it. I used a piece of printed acetate in the frame opening and added a piece to the bottom that I cut with my EKSuccess sand castle border punch (also a first time use) embossed with the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. The sand paper is from last year's DCWV Summer Glitter Stack. A sand pail and shovel brads were added and the strip was popped on the bottom along witha pretty felt flower.
I printed my Cutting Cafe stamp on bright yellow for the center of the sun and cut multiple pinking circles using my Nesties. Then I cut strips for the rays and embossed them with two different border folders. Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe to see all of the great downloadable stamps Regina has to offer. She's been hard at work with dozens of new offerings so click HERE for your browsing pleasure. You're also in for a treat at The Cuttlebug Spot. My DT sisters came up with all sorts of different ways to add HOT to their projects, and if you play along you just may be the winner of a $20 gift certificate to Custom Crops.

7 comments:

  1. this is beyond cute...you rock girl...you rock...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the little embellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little sandals.. well to be honest, I love the whole card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - love the brads and all the elements, the border punch - I passed that one up at M's.

    I am still thinking on my Hot entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna I loved this when I saw it on the Cuttlebugspot! Love all the detail you've put into this FABULOUS card!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, with all that detail. Cute--cute.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog,and leaving a nice comment, it makes blogging fun. :-)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!