Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BBTB Challenge- Mickey Car




I'm very excited to have completed a BBTB challenge ON TIME. This is the first I am actually submitting and hope to do many more. Regina's challenges are so much fun and the work of her design team is awe inspiring. This week it was to use one of the cars from the Mickey and Friends cartridge. My Cricut message board friend Leah (BeeCherryLady) was kind enough to let me borrow her cart so I could participate. (xx to you Leah!) First I must say kudos to all of you who regularly use the Disney cartridges. They are challenging to say the least but well worth it if you can stick with it. I decided to make a shaped card so I welded it in design studio using a 4" cut. I planned to make it very whimsical and envisioned something really candy colored with the stripes and dots I chose (My Mind's Eye and BoBunny respectively), but when the layers didn't pop against a red background and I switched to dark green, it took on a whole different character. I did the tires and grill with the DCWV metallic stack and the chrome with mirrored cardstock. Adding the dimension was also a bit of a challenge but where there's a will there's a way and I never met a pop dot I didn't like. The wreath is from Joys of the Season at 1 1/2" (with a few MS branch punches and ruby gemstones for good measure), the tree is from the new Christmas solutions cartridge (shadow and reg cut at 3" and tweaked with DS), and the license plate is a Christmas brad from M's. I had to laugh when I showed the finished product to my DH (who knew I had worked on it for a FULL day and a half). Of course he said it was cute, but when he saw the license plate he said "Too bad you can't change the lettering on it to fit the perspective of the car". Yikes! And I thought I was a perfectionist. LOL Click HERE to see all of the wonderful creations submitted for this challenge.

7 comments:

  1. oooh donna love this!!! what a gorgeous car and so glad youre having fun with the BBTB challenges! your work is amazing!
    and im so jealous i missed the swarm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Donna, my goodness this is wonderful!!! Thanks for playing along with us....we will be looking forward to your next BBTB creation!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW!!!! Girl, you are GOOD!!! This is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Donna Fantabulous card!! I love all the chrome and the 3D on this card and the number plate is fab!! Outstanding work!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Donna and I love how it turned it out even if it is not as you first planned!
    The layering is fab and all the detail.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! I have that cartridge but haven't used it yet. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!